Nuts during pregnancy `cut asthma risk in kids`
London: Eating nuts at least once a week during pregnancy can reduce the risk of children developing asthma, a new study has revealed.
The new study was a part of the Danish National Birth Cohort and analysed data of 61,000 women.
Earlier, women had been advised to avoid eating peanuts during pregnancy and while breast-feeding if they or the father had an allergy, the Daily Express reported.
Parents were also recommended not to give peanuts to kids until they were at least three years old.
However, in 2008 the Food Safety Agency recommended the advice be dropped.
Now, the Department of Health claims that women can choose to eat peanuts or food containing peanuts as part of a healthy, balanced diet, unless advised not to by their health professional.
“The impact of a pregnant woman’s diet on her child’s health continues to be debated,” Malayka Rahman, from Asthma UK, said.
This study has been published in Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case