Olympic aspirants must have lots of proteins and no carbs
London: Include lots of humble `paneer` in your diet, eat four meals a day and cut out carbohydrates to be a successful Olympian, nutritionists have said.
Sports nutritionist Gavin Allinson has said that one can take inspiration from an athlete`s diet to gain the strength of swift British athletes like Jessica Ennis and the stamina of Mo Farah, the `Daily Mail` reported.
Allinson recommends starting the day with a breakfast omelette, followed by salad for lunch, soup or a protein shake in the afternoon and then a simple meal of meat and two veg - without carbs - in the evening.
Workout before breakfast and dinner not later than 6 PM, followed by light exercisers an hour later was highly recommended by the nutritionist.
The nutritionist said that one should aim for nine a day rather than five, eating six portions of vegetables and three pieces of fruit.
Junk food like pizza, carbohydrates and fats must be a struck out from the diet, and eating butter is advisable over margarine, the paper quoted Allison as telling `The Sunday Times`.
Western diets have too much omega-6 in them, which helps cholesterol stick to arteries, he said.
For those with a sweet-tooth, Allinson recommends lime cheesecake, which contains cauliflower and cottage cheese.
Cottage cheese is also said to be great as a snack to stave off night time cravings and could also be the the key to an all-important good night`s rest as it contains tryptophan, an amino acid which aids sleep.
Adding virgin olive oil is considered best for salad dressings, Allison recommended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?