One bottle wine a day keeps the doctor away!
London: Scientists have revealed that a bottle of wine a day is not bad for the health and abstaining is worse than drinking.
Former World Health Organisation expert has claimed that alcohol is only harmful when it is consumed 13 units in a day, the Independent reported.
Kari Poikolainen, who has analysed decades of research into the effects of alcohol on the human body, revealed that drinking more than the current recommended daily intake may in fact be healthier than being a teetotaler.
Poikolainen added that the weight of the evidence shows moderate drinking is better than abstaining and heavy drinking is worse than abstaining, but moderate amounts can be higher than the guidelines say.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jeff Williams shares mesmerising video of Newfoundland from space
- Obesity, smoking may up poor life quality in lung disease patients
- Amitabh Bachchan calls for educating Aanganwadis about Hepatitis
- Irresistibly handsome as always – Check out Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in brand new ‘Mohenjo Daro’ poster
- Dia Mirza directs film on tigers, nature conservation