Orange juice can keep cancer away
Brasilia: On reviewing available research on cancer prevention and the benefits of orange, scientists say orange could prove to be crucial in the prevention of cancer.
In a forthcoming review article from Nutrition and Cancer: An International Journal, a publication of Routledge, researchers reviewed available evidence that links orange juice with cancer chemoprevention, reports Science Daily.
The review article, 'Orange Juice and Cancer Chemoprevention' discusses the putative mechanisms involved in the process and the available data in terms of evidence-based medicine.
Despite its potential toxicity (if taken in excess), orange juice has many potential positive effects when it comes to cancer, particularly because it is high in anti-oxidants.
Evidence from previous studies has indicated that orange juice can reduce the risk of leukemia in children, as well as aid in chemoprevention against mammary, hepatic, and colon cancers.
"Orange juice could contribute to chemoprevention at every stage of cancer initiation and progression," the researchers explained.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan