Pomegranates help burn fat and increase blood flow
London: A new study has found that pomegranates can help you unclog your arteries by burning fat and increasing your blood flow.
According to the study, which was conducted at Barcelona's Catalan Institute for Cardiovascular Sciences, the "superfruit" contains antioxidants, called polyphenols, that keep arteries free of fat, the Daily Express reported.
Polyphenols also help arteries expand and contract to maintain blood flow and keep them from hardening, which is the leading cause of heart attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional