Pomegranates help burn fat and increase blood flow
London: A new study has found that pomegranates can help you unclog your arteries by burning fat and increasing your blood flow.
According to the study, which was conducted at Barcelona's Catalan Institute for Cardiovascular Sciences, the "superfruit" contains antioxidants, called polyphenols, that keep arteries free of fat, the Daily Express reported.
Polyphenols also help arteries expand and contract to maintain blood flow and keep them from hardening, which is the leading cause of heart attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Caught on camera: Woman abducted, molested in Bengaluru; one arrested
- Two killed in police firing in Arunachal's Tawang
- No plans to restart ceasefire with NSCN-K: Home ministry
- Trio of Earth-like planets found may posses perfect conditions for life, claim scientists
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar to go back to Goa after Union Cabinet reshuffle?