Popeye's spinach can also stem your hunger pangs
Washington: A new study has revealed that Popeye's energy source, spinach, increases weight loss with 43 percent as it decreases hedonic hunger with up to 95 percent.
The study from Lund University in Sweden showed that taking thylakoids, the green leaf membranes in spinach extract, reinforces the body's production of satiety hormones and suppresses hedonic hunger, which leads to better appetite control, healthier eating habits and increased weight loss.
Researcher Charlotte Erlanson-Albertsson said that having a drink containing thylakoids before breakfast reduced cravings and kept one feeling more satisfied all day.
She further added that it was about making use of the time taken to digest food, but the digestive system didn't work well with the modern 'pre-chewed' food.
Albertsson also mentioned that the thylakoids extended digestion, which produced a feeling of satiety that helped people to stick to a diet without snacks and unnecessary foods like sweets, crisps and etcetera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sussanne Khan clarifies on patching-up with Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar's namesake throws slipper at him in Patna, arrested
- Liquor baron Vijay Mallya resigns from Rajya Sahba
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses