Popeye's spinach can also stem your hunger pangs
Washington: A new study has revealed that Popeye's energy source, spinach, increases weight loss with 43 percent as it decreases hedonic hunger with up to 95 percent.
The study from Lund University in Sweden showed that taking thylakoids, the green leaf membranes in spinach extract, reinforces the body's production of satiety hormones and suppresses hedonic hunger, which leads to better appetite control, healthier eating habits and increased weight loss.
Researcher Charlotte Erlanson-Albertsson said that having a drink containing thylakoids before breakfast reduced cravings and kept one feeling more satisfied all day.
She further added that it was about making use of the time taken to digest food, but the digestive system didn't work well with the modern 'pre-chewed' food.
Albertsson also mentioned that the thylakoids extended digestion, which produced a feeling of satiety that helped people to stick to a diet without snacks and unnecessary foods like sweets, crisps and etcetera.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?