Restricting to mainly fish and chicken diet bad for women
London: Health conscious women, who limit their diet to mainly chicken and fish, may face as many problems as those who binge on junk foods due to the presence of too little iron in both the diets, a new study has warned.
Researchers revealed that a lack of understanding of the significance of iron could be endangering women’s health and hindering children’s performance at school.
Switching a few meals to foods high in iron, such as steak, liver and watercress could make all the difference, the Daily Express reported.
“The high rate of iron deficiency among women in a developed country like the UK is a real concern,” said TV doctor and health campaigner Christian Jessen.
“The side effects are subtle and can creep on up you – you can end up feeling tired, lethargic with no get up and go.”
According to the National Diet and Nutrition Survey, conducted by YouGov for industry body MeatMatters, a quarter of British women and teenage girls suffer from a low intake of iron.
Less than a third of the 2,000 women polled were aware of the fact that lack of iron could decrease a child’s attention span and learning ability.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant