Secrets behind 80:10:10 diet revealed
Melbourne: A leading health practitioner, Michele Wolff, has broken down the 80:10:10 diet for people who would like to try it.
Wolff explained that the Dr Douglas Graham-developed diet is a low-fat vegan diet, where a person eats 80 percent raw fruits and vegetables, 10 percent protein and 10 percent fat, News.com.au reported.
While creating the diet, Graham believed that 80:10:10 is the ideal ratio of nutrients to support health.
To follow the diet, one must eat 80 per cent raw food like fruits, greens, nuts, seeds and avocadoes as it can be eaten and broken down easily, while providing important digestive enzymes and nutrients.
However, the biggest downside of the diet is that not every one can eat and digest raw food, and one has to be well organised, prepared and motivated to get through with the diet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why