Secrets behind 80:10:10 diet revealed
Melbourne: A leading health practitioner, Michele Wolff, has broken down the 80:10:10 diet for people who would like to try it.
Wolff explained that the Dr Douglas Graham-developed diet is a low-fat vegan diet, where a person eats 80 percent raw fruits and vegetables, 10 percent protein and 10 percent fat, News.com.au reported.
While creating the diet, Graham believed that 80:10:10 is the ideal ratio of nutrients to support health.
To follow the diet, one must eat 80 per cent raw food like fruits, greens, nuts, seeds and avocadoes as it can be eaten and broken down easily, while providing important digestive enzymes and nutrients.
However, the biggest downside of the diet is that not every one can eat and digest raw food, and one has to be well organised, prepared and motivated to get through with the diet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands