Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Curd or yogurt has been a staple dish in most Indian households. This delicious dish is also consumed in various forms such as - lassi, yogurt rice, buttermilk, vegetables raita, etc.
But, did you know that this yummy food also has a number of health benefits?
Here's why you should eat curd everyday:
- Curd is good for digestion because the nutrients present in it are easily absorbed by the digestive system.
- It helps boost your immunity because curd has 'good bacteria' content in it which protects the body from various microorganisms.
- Rich in calcium and phosphorous, it makes the bones and teeth stronger.
- It helps in maintaining a healthy heart health because eating curd lowers your risk of high blood pressure and helps prevents the formation of cholesterol in the arterial region. It also reduces the choleterol levels in the body.
- Curd also helps you lose weight. The calcium content in curd prevents cortisol formation in the body. Excess or imbalance of cortisol in the bocy can give rise to manylifestyle related disorders like hypertension and obesity.
- Curd works great for your skin and hair due to the presence of important minerals like vitamin C, zinc and calcium. Curd also helps get rid of dandruff becuase it has lactic acid which has anti-fungal properties.
- It serves as a best alternative for people suffering from lactose intolerance – people who can’t drink milk. Beacuse lactose, a protein present in milk, is converted into lactic acid in curd that makes it easy to digest.