Six health benefits of carrots
Zee Media Bureau/Ritu Singh
One of the world's healthiest foods is Carrot. Carrots are a great way to infuse good nutrition and flavor into your diet. With this powerfood, you get vitamin A and a host of other powerful health benefits.
- Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the liver which is further converted to rhodopsin, a purple pigment necessary for night vision.
- Beta-carotene in carrot acts as an antioxidant to cell damage done to the body through regular metabolism thus it helps slow down the aging of cells.
- Carrots have not only beta-carotene but also alpha-carotene and lutein which lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Studies show that carrots reduce the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.
- Vitamin A and antioxidants in carrots protect the skin from harmful effects of sun rays. Vitamin A prevents premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, and uneven skin tone.
- Carrots also considerably reduce cholesterol levels because the soluble fibers in carrots bind with bile acids.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?