Six health benefits of carrots
Zee Media Bureau/Ritu Singh
One of the world's healthiest foods is Carrot. Carrots are a great way to infuse good nutrition and flavor into your diet. With this powerfood, you get vitamin A and a host of other powerful health benefits.
- Carrots are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the liver which is further converted to rhodopsin, a purple pigment necessary for night vision.
- Beta-carotene in carrot acts as an antioxidant to cell damage done to the body through regular metabolism thus it helps slow down the aging of cells.
- Carrots have not only beta-carotene but also alpha-carotene and lutein which lowers the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Studies show that carrots reduce the risk of lung cancer, breast cancer and colon cancer.
- Vitamin A and antioxidants in carrots protect the skin from harmful effects of sun rays. Vitamin A prevents premature wrinkling, acne, dry skin, pigmentation, blemishes, and uneven skin tone.
- Carrots also considerably reduce cholesterol levels because the soluble fibers in carrots bind with bile acids.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi