Street vendors campaign as healthy food providers
New Delhi: On the occasion of World Food Day Wednesday, street food vendors across the country launched a campaign to promote their potential to provide healthy and nutritious food, a statement said here.
"We are the guarantors of food security and have the potential to provide healthy and nutritious food," read banners that have been put up by street vendors at several locations here.
The campaign will continue till Oct 26 and includes food safety and hygiene training Oct 21 for the street vendors.
Representatives of World Health Organisation (WHO), ministry of health and family welfare and the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India will participate in the training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon