Street vendors campaign as healthy food providers
New Delhi: On the occasion of World Food Day Wednesday, street food vendors across the country launched a campaign to promote their potential to provide healthy and nutritious food, a statement said here.
"We are the guarantors of food security and have the potential to provide healthy and nutritious food," read banners that have been put up by street vendors at several locations here.
The campaign will continue till Oct 26 and includes food safety and hygiene training Oct 21 for the street vendors.
Representatives of World Health Organisation (WHO), ministry of health and family welfare and the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India will participate in the training.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'