Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Tamarind is deliciously sweet and tangy, and is one of the widely used spice-condiments found in every South-Asian kitchen. This well known herb has also been used in culinary, medicinal and ornamental from around the world. Loaded with minerals and vitamins, tamarind has an abundance of health benefits.
Make sure that you add this nutritious food in your daily diet to keep you healthy or improve overall health. Here are some amazing health benefits of tamarind:
- Tamarind is an excellent remedy for sluggish bowel movement and can be used as a laxative.
- Tamarind fruit prevents constipation as it is rich in dietary fiber such as tannins, mucilage and pectin.
- Tamarind preparations are used for fevers, sore throat, rheumatism, inflammation, etc.
- Tamarind can heal the inflammation of the skin to a great extent.
- Tamarind can lower levels of bad cholesterol (LDL) thereby promoting healthy cardiovascular health.
- Tamarind is extremely high in tartaric acid, a good source of antioxidants that fight against cancer.
- Tamarind is used for treating bile problems.
- Tamarind is also a great home remedy for healing many hair and skin related problems. Regular consumption and application of tamarind can reduce blemishes and keep the skin soft.
- Tamarind also keeps the hair strong and prevents hair fall.