Swap unhealthy food ingredients with healthy ones
New Delhi: There are multiple options at home that can make your meal wholesome and complete without compromising on taste, says an expert.
Rohan Arora, founder and CEO of Bueno Foods Pvt. Ltd. (food outlet in Gurgaon that provides healthy food options) shares names of some of the healthy ingredients that can be used at home:
- Low fat cottage cheese prepared at home instead of the packed and processed ones that we get in the market.
- No tinned fruits and vegetables.
- Whole wheat with extra fiber instead of white flour (maida).
- Fresh herbs like basil, thyme, rosemary, garlic, oregano (dried), coriander, mint, parsley and freshly ground and whole spices like cinnamon, cardamom, chilli flakes and chillies instead of the crushed processed ones.
- Honey, brown sugar and jaggery instead of packed white crystal sugar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...