Ten health benefits of coconut!
Zee Media Bureau/Vasavi Garg
Coconuts have slowly become a very hot and versatile food commodity, and are being used in everything from our daily cuisine to our beauty regimens. Not too long ago coconuts had a bad reputation as being an artery clogging, cholesterol packed food that contributed to heart disease.
Today however, coconut is making a huge comeback as the new miracle food. Coconuts are highly nutritious, rich in fiber, and packed with essential vitamins and minerals.
Here are Ten health benefits of coconut:
- Supports immune system which is beneficial for health as it is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-parasite.
- Provides a natural source of quick energy, enhances physical and athletic performance.
- Improves digestion and absorption of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals.
- Improves insulin secretion and symptoms associated with diabetes.
- Helps protect the body from cancers due to insulin reduction, removal of free radicals that cause premature ageing and degenerative disease.
- Reduces risk of heart diseases and improves good cholesterol.
- Restores and supports thyroid function.
- Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infection.
- Promotes weight loss.
- Helps keep hair and skin healthy and youthful looking, prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots, and provides sun protection.
- Considering the numerous health benefits of coconut, one should include this magical food item in daily diet.