Three ways to lower your bad cholesterol (LDL)
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
It is said that a heart-healthy lifestyle can help you keep your cholesterol levels normal and healthy. And this includes- a healthy diet, exercise, not smoking, maintaining a good weight, etc.
Eat a healthy diet: Try to eat heart-healthy foods that can help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) while raising the amount of good cholesterol (HDL) in your body. This includes whole-grains, oatmeal, fruits and vegetables like nuts, avocado, cranberry juice, grapefruit. Fish such as salmon and mackerel, which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, can help lower your LDL.
Exercise: Research has revealed that exercising for 20 minutes a day increases your HDL by 2.5 points. Whether you are overweight or not, try to exercise everyday to reduce your cholesterol. Taking a brisk walk daily during your lunch time or even riding your bike to work can be helpful.
Watch your weight: Know that carrying some extra pounds can be dangerous as it contributes to high cholesterol. It is important to keep a watch on your weight in order to avoid high cholesterol. For that you need to take care of your eating habits and other daily routine. Daily exercise and other physical activities will aid in your weight loss plan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read