Three ways to lower your bad cholesterol (LDL)
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
It is said that a heart-healthy lifestyle can help you keep your cholesterol levels normal and healthy. And this includes- a healthy diet, exercise, not smoking, maintaining a good weight, etc.
Eat a healthy diet: Try to eat heart-healthy foods that can help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) while raising the amount of good cholesterol (HDL) in your body. This includes whole-grains, oatmeal, fruits and vegetables like nuts, avocado, cranberry juice, grapefruit. Fish such as salmon and mackerel, which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, can help lower your LDL.
Exercise: Research has revealed that exercising for 20 minutes a day increases your HDL by 2.5 points. Whether you are overweight or not, try to exercise everyday to reduce your cholesterol. Taking a brisk walk daily during your lunch time or even riding your bike to work can be helpful.
Watch your weight: Know that carrying some extra pounds can be dangerous as it contributes to high cholesterol. It is important to keep a watch on your weight in order to avoid high cholesterol. For that you need to take care of your eating habits and other daily routine. Daily exercise and other physical activities will aid in your weight loss plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan