Three ways to lower your bad cholesterol (LDL)
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
It is said that a heart-healthy lifestyle can help you keep your cholesterol levels normal and healthy. And this includes- a healthy diet, exercise, not smoking, maintaining a good weight, etc.
Eat a healthy diet: Try to eat heart-healthy foods that can help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) while raising the amount of good cholesterol (HDL) in your body. This includes whole-grains, oatmeal, fruits and vegetables like nuts, avocado, cranberry juice, grapefruit. Fish such as salmon and mackerel, which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, can help lower your LDL.
Exercise: Research has revealed that exercising for 20 minutes a day increases your HDL by 2.5 points. Whether you are overweight or not, try to exercise everyday to reduce your cholesterol. Taking a brisk walk daily during your lunch time or even riding your bike to work can be helpful.
Watch your weight: Know that carrying some extra pounds can be dangerous as it contributes to high cholesterol. It is important to keep a watch on your weight in order to avoid high cholesterol. For that you need to take care of your eating habits and other daily routine. Daily exercise and other physical activities will aid in your weight loss plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself