Three ways to lower your bad cholesterol (LDL)
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
It is said that a heart-healthy lifestyle can help you keep your cholesterol levels normal and healthy. And this includes- a healthy diet, exercise, not smoking, maintaining a good weight, etc.
Eat a healthy diet: Try to eat heart-healthy foods that can help lower bad cholesterol (LDL) while raising the amount of good cholesterol (HDL) in your body. This includes whole-grains, oatmeal, fruits and vegetables like nuts, avocado, cranberry juice, grapefruit. Fish such as salmon and mackerel, which is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, can help lower your LDL.
Exercise: Research has revealed that exercising for 20 minutes a day increases your HDL by 2.5 points. Whether you are overweight or not, try to exercise everyday to reduce your cholesterol. Taking a brisk walk daily during your lunch time or even riding your bike to work can be helpful.
Watch your weight: Know that carrying some extra pounds can be dangerous as it contributes to high cholesterol. It is important to keep a watch on your weight in order to avoid high cholesterol. For that you need to take care of your eating habits and other daily routine. Daily exercise and other physical activities will aid in your weight loss plan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez