Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: With its distinctive texture and tangy taste, buttermilk is one drink which has to be a part of your meal specially during summers. Buttermilk is a probiotic food and has great health benefits.
Here are a few health benefits of the drink:
- Buttermilk has acid in it which fights germs and bacteria and helps clear stomach and aid digestion.
- It is very helpful for those who are looking to lose weight.
- It is a rich source of Vitamin B12 and so is believed to help fight anaemia and stress.
- Since it contains electrolytes and lots of water, it is the best treat to give to your body to fight dehydration.
- After having a heavy, oily and spicy meal, buttermilk works best to drain out excessive fat from the body and making your stomach light.
- Buttermilk also works as one of the best remedies to treat acidity.