Top 5 health benefits of tomatoes
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Tomatoes are an implausibly versatile food. They contain Vitamin C and therefore help in increasing one's immunity. Not just this, tomatoes also contain several other vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and dietary fibres all of which are necessary for good health.
Here are few reasons as to why eating tomatoes is an excellent option:
- Tomatoes confer protection against high cholesterol, strokes and heart disease.
- Tomatoes basically have an anti-ageing affect on our body as they contain antioxidant lycopene which is easily absorbed by our body thereby leaving you with a healthy skin and hair.
- Since tomatoes are a rich source of antioxidants such as vitamin C and Vitamin A, these vitamins help in preventing DNA damage from free radicals.
- Due to the presence of Lycopene, they are a natural source of fighting against several cancers, including prostate, cervical, stomach, colon, rectal, prostate and ovarian cancer.
- Tomatoes help in keeping blood sugar in balance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years