Top 5 health benefits of Tulsi (Basil)
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Not only from religious point of view, but Tulsi or better known as Basil is a storehouse of various health and medicinal benefits. Known as the ‘Queen of herbs’, Tulsi heals the mind, body and spirit.
Here are a few health benefits of basil (Tulsi):
-Intake of basil juice on empty stomach in the morning increases memory power.
-Basil leaves are regarded as an `adaptogen` or anti-stress agent. Chewing basil leaves can considerably reduce your stress. This is due to its strong aroma and astringent properties.
-Basil leaves act as blood purifier.
-Tulsi has the ability to strengthen the kidneys and can be quite effective in dealing with painful kidney stones.
-Tulsi also has anti-ageing properties and boosts immunity and memory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi