Top 5 health benefits of Tulsi (Basil)
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Not only from religious point of view, but Tulsi or better known as Basil is a storehouse of various health and medicinal benefits. Known as the ‘Queen of herbs’, Tulsi heals the mind, body and spirit.
Here are a few health benefits of basil (Tulsi):
-Intake of basil juice on empty stomach in the morning increases memory power.
-Basil leaves are regarded as an `adaptogen` or anti-stress agent. Chewing basil leaves can considerably reduce your stress. This is due to its strong aroma and astringent properties.
-Basil leaves act as blood purifier.
-Tulsi has the ability to strengthen the kidneys and can be quite effective in dealing with painful kidney stones.
-Tulsi also has anti-ageing properties and boosts immunity and memory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days