Top foods that may help you manage weight revealed
Washington: Lean protein, satiety, low carbohydrates and fat burning are four buzzwords that are commonly associated with weight management.
Linda Milo Ohr has revealed 12 foods and ingredients that are tipping the scales towards better health.
The expert said that diets high in protein, specifically dairy protein can have a satiate effect, helping consumers feel full for longer periods of time. A pilot study conducted by Fronterra North America found that females who supplemented their regular diet with an additional 20 grams of protein at both breakfast and lunch over a three-week period lost two inches from their waist.
Meanwhile, a recent study indicated that rice protein helped recovery time after exercise and improved body composition and exercise performance.
Using a double-blind, randomized cross-over design, researchers from Iowa State University found that an emerging fiber, soluble fiber dextrin, may help promote satiety from three to eight and a half hours after consumption.
A recent study showed that consuming raisins as an after school snack compared to potato chips or cookies in children 8-11 years-old led to a lower cumulative food intake.
According to another study, consuming almonds as a snack can reduce hunger and the desire to eat during non-meal times, and also helped study subjects meet the recommended dietary intake of vitamin E without affecting body weight.
An ingredient derived from saffron showed a satiety effect that contributed to body weight loss in a study with 60 mildly overweight female subjects. The average snacking frequency decreased and level of the neurotransmitter serotonin improved.
It was suggested that an ingredient developed from the decaffeinated green coffee bean may help increase the rate of fat release from fatty tissue.
It has been revealed that canola oils can lower abdominal fat when used in place of other selected oil blends in a heart-healthy diet for weight maintenance.
The study was published in a Food Technology magazine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?