Top foods that may help you manage weight revealed
Washington: Lean protein, satiety, low carbohydrates and fat burning are four buzzwords that are commonly associated with weight management.
Linda Milo Ohr has revealed 12 foods and ingredients that are tipping the scales towards better health.
The expert said that diets high in protein, specifically dairy protein can have a satiate effect, helping consumers feel full for longer periods of time. A pilot study conducted by Fronterra North America found that females who supplemented their regular diet with an additional 20 grams of protein at both breakfast and lunch over a three-week period lost two inches from their waist.
Meanwhile, a recent study indicated that rice protein helped recovery time after exercise and improved body composition and exercise performance.
Using a double-blind, randomized cross-over design, researchers from Iowa State University found that an emerging fiber, soluble fiber dextrin, may help promote satiety from three to eight and a half hours after consumption.
A recent study showed that consuming raisins as an after school snack compared to potato chips or cookies in children 8-11 years-old led to a lower cumulative food intake.
According to another study, consuming almonds as a snack can reduce hunger and the desire to eat during non-meal times, and also helped study subjects meet the recommended dietary intake of vitamin E without affecting body weight.
An ingredient derived from saffron showed a satiety effect that contributed to body weight loss in a study with 60 mildly overweight female subjects. The average snacking frequency decreased and level of the neurotransmitter serotonin improved.
It was suggested that an ingredient developed from the decaffeinated green coffee bean may help increase the rate of fat release from fatty tissue.
It has been revealed that canola oils can lower abdominal fat when used in place of other selected oil blends in a heart-healthy diet for weight maintenance.
The study was published in a Food Technology magazine.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani