Top foods that may help you manage weight revealed
Washington: Lean protein, satiety, low carbohydrates and fat burning are four buzzwords that are commonly associated with weight management.
Linda Milo Ohr has revealed 12 foods and ingredients that are tipping the scales towards better health.
The expert said that diets high in protein, specifically dairy protein can have a satiate effect, helping consumers feel full for longer periods of time. A pilot study conducted by Fronterra North America found that females who supplemented their regular diet with an additional 20 grams of protein at both breakfast and lunch over a three-week period lost two inches from their waist.
Meanwhile, a recent study indicated that rice protein helped recovery time after exercise and improved body composition and exercise performance.
Using a double-blind, randomized cross-over design, researchers from Iowa State University found that an emerging fiber, soluble fiber dextrin, may help promote satiety from three to eight and a half hours after consumption.
A recent study showed that consuming raisins as an after school snack compared to potato chips or cookies in children 8-11 years-old led to a lower cumulative food intake.
According to another study, consuming almonds as a snack can reduce hunger and the desire to eat during non-meal times, and also helped study subjects meet the recommended dietary intake of vitamin E without affecting body weight.
An ingredient derived from saffron showed a satiety effect that contributed to body weight loss in a study with 60 mildly overweight female subjects. The average snacking frequency decreased and level of the neurotransmitter serotonin improved.
It was suggested that an ingredient developed from the decaffeinated green coffee bean may help increase the rate of fat release from fatty tissue.
It has been revealed that canola oils can lower abdominal fat when used in place of other selected oil blends in a heart-healthy diet for weight maintenance.
The study was published in a Food Technology magazine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!