Two glasses of wine a day will bring down cholesterol level
New Delhi: Two glasses of wine will bring down cholesterol levels and help you stay away from hard liquor, advises international winemaker Jean-Manuel Jacquinot.
"Two glasses (20 cl) of wine a day will considerably bring down cholesterol levels. Wine will enable you safely eat red meat and keep you away from hard liquor, which is bad for the system," Jacquinot told IANS on the sidelines of a "Meet the Masters" wine pairing event here Saturday night.
Jacquinot and viticulturist Phillip Deverell are touring the country for presenting lunches and dinners paired with Nine Hills, a bouquet of exotic wines from Pernod Ricard India (formerly Seagram India) to introduce Indian consumers to a taste that is fresh, yet mature.
Thus, on offer Saturday night were five varieties: Shiraz Rose 2010, Sauvignon Blanc 2010, Chenin Blanc 2010, Shiraz 2010 and Cabarnet Sauvignon 2009.
The first was paired with gruyere, spinach and sundried tomato equiche/mushroom vol-au-vent/chicken shish kababs starters and the second with a starter of home grown sprouts salad with summer fruits/poached chicken.
The Chenin Blanc 2010 was paired with goat cheese, spinach and pine nutravioli with pesto sauce.
The piece de resistance, of course, was the main meal with a choice of Moroccan-styled braised lamb shoulder, Cajun spiced grilled sole, ratatouille cottage steak with mustered cream and baked aubergine, tomato and mozzarella stacks. This came with not one, but two wines: Shiraz 2010 and Cabarnet Sauvignon 2009.
Jacquinot, better known as JMJ, is a member of the French Oenologist Association and was elected to the board of the Champagne Oenologist Association. A qualified taster at the Comite Interprofessional des Vinesde Champagne, he also sought to dispel the notion that wine couldn`t be paired with Indian food as it was too spicy.
"On the contrary, red wine pairs ideally with spicy Indian food," adding that oily food was a strict no, no.
"Oily food and wine just don`t go together. In any case, oily food is best avoided as it is bad for the system," he pointed out.
Jacquinot and Phillip Deverell have already visited Chandigarh and after Delhi will be travelling to Gurgaon, Hyderabad and Bangalore, as also Seagram`s Nashik winery in Maharashtra to "celebrate the 2012 vintage, engage with the consumer and showcase Nine Hills", as Jacquinot put it.
The Saturday night event at Lodhi-The Garden restaurant, was jointly hosted by Seagram`s Nine Hills and hospitality major Sewara.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'