Two large meals better for diabetic`s health than six small ones
Washington: A new study has revealed that eating two complete meals in a day rather than six small meals with the same calories content helps more in curbing weight and blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes.
The authors of the research said that eating only whole breakfast and lunch helps in reducing body weight, liver fat content, fasting plasma glucose, C-peptide and glucagon and improved OGIS, more than the six meals split into same caloric restriction.
The study also suggested that eating larger breakfasts and lunches might be more helpful than six smaller meals during the day, for the type 2 diabetic patients who are on a limited calorie diet.
The research was published in Diabetologia, the journal of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis