Two large meals better for diabetic`s health than six small ones
Washington: A new study has revealed that eating two complete meals in a day rather than six small meals with the same calories content helps more in curbing weight and blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes.
The authors of the research said that eating only whole breakfast and lunch helps in reducing body weight, liver fat content, fasting plasma glucose, C-peptide and glucagon and improved OGIS, more than the six meals split into same caloric restriction.
The study also suggested that eating larger breakfasts and lunches might be more helpful than six smaller meals during the day, for the type 2 diabetic patients who are on a limited calorie diet.
The research was published in Diabetologia, the journal of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional