UAE to make camel milk ice-cream
Abu Dhabi: In a first of its kind, a leading producer of dairy products in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is planning to introduce a new variety of ice cream created from camel milk.
The Al Ain Dairy said it will be the first such product made out of camel milk in the UAE, and also in flavours hitherto unavailable in conventional ice cream.
"We have spent a lot of time creating flavours that we feel are different and most importantly not available in the market," said Abdullah Saif Al Darmaki, chief executive officer of Al Ain Dairy.
Camel milk, which is slightly saltier than cow`s milk, is an integral part of the traditional Arabian diet.
The milk has numerous health benefits that are often reported in scientific and health researches.
Al Darmaki said the technology for making camel milk ice cream was exactly the same as that made from cow`s milk.
"But we wanted to do something completely different, which is why we have invested in new technology to produce a range of camel milk ice creams in niche flavours," he said.
The ice cream will be produced with pure camel milk, with no additives.
Four flavours have been created for the ice cream and Al Darmaki hoped they will attract people.
He said both UAE citizens and expatriates enjoy ice cream in four flavours -- dates, saffron, caramel and chocolate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why