Vodka with Red Bull `deadly cocktail` for health disaster
London: A new study suggests that mixing alcohol with energy drinks such as Red Bull could be even worse for your heart and nervous system than it was previously thought.
Research has linked high- caffeine cocktails with heart problems and anxiety, and a top brain expert fears the drinks could be a health disaster, the Daily Star reported.
Professor Peter Miller, from Deakin University in Victoria, Australia, said that most research has only looked at the effects of one shot and one energy drink.
That ignores the fact that many party-goers knock back several in a night.
People who have energy drinks tend to stay out longer and so get through more alcohol, studies revealed.
Others found those who neck them are more likely to drink-drive, get in a fight or injure themselves while drunk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice