Want to be fit? Swap unhealthy food with healthy diet
New York: Everyone wants to stay in the pink of health and it all starts from watching your diet. Grab a fruit instead of juice, replace soda with water and see how things work in your body's favour.
Here are some simple food swaps that can be incorporated into your everyday routine to help you lead a healthier life:
* Choose whole fruit instead of juice: Juice tends to be high in sugar and low in fiber. Fresh fruit, on the other hand, contains more fiber than the juice and has a higher water content, both are excellent for weight loss.
* Eat whole grains instead of refined grains: Grains and starches are not bad but it's the kind of grain that matters. Whole grains are the best choice as they are full of nutrients and fiber. Include brown rice and oatmeal instead of white bread, white rice and white pasta.
* Drink water instead of soda: Soda contains pure sugar and has lots of calories. Swapping soda for water can save you hundreds of calories. For flavour, add a bit of lemon, orange or cucumber.
* Start your meal with a vegetable salad instead of a fried appetizer: Starting your meal with a fresh salad is a great way to include vegetables into your diet. Salad and vegetables are high in vitamins and minerals, full of fiber and low in calories.
* Choose a low fat soup instead of a cream-based soup: Soup is perfect for winter season. The key is to eat a vegetable based soup and to skip the cream.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today