Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
The reasons why lemon water or lemon tea still remains to be the most sought-after drink are endless owing to its host of benefits.
Lemons are acidic, yet flavourful in taste. Packed with numerous health benefiting nutrients, lemon fruit is less in calories, carrying just 29 calories per 100 g, the value being one of the lowest for the citrus fruits group.
Find out why lemons are so beneficial for you:
- Drinking lemon water on regular basis reduces the acidity in the body.
- It also removes uric acid in the joints, which causes inflammation in the body.
- Start your day with a glass of warm lemon water. Squeeze a half of a lemon into a glass of warm water and drink, you can add honey into it if you like. This will help flush out toxins from your body.
- Lemon also contains zero saturated fats or cholesterol, but are good source of pectic fiber, which assists in fighting hunger cravings and thus helps in loosing weight.
- Lemon aids digestion and helps in the production of digestive juices.
- It has phytonutrients, or substances that protect your body against diseases.
- Lemon freshens your breath. It also helps relieve toothaches and gingivitis.
- Lemon can help fight viral infections.
- Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C that protects the body against immune system deficiencies.