Whole milk could be better for kids than skim milk
Washington: Giving kids whole milk may be a better option over skim milk, a new research has revealed.
According to Dr. David S. Ludwig, an endocrinologist at Boston Children`s Hospital, and Dr. Walter C. Willet, Fredrick John Stare professor of epidemiology and nutrition chair at the Harvard School of Public Health in Cambridge wanted to find which milk is more nutritious.
Their study showed that 2 cups of milk is enough for children, CBS News reported.
The authors point out that there are only a few clinical trials that have looked at the benefits of reduced-fat milk compared to whole milk.
Most people just assume the lower-fat milk has fewer calories, which theoretically decreases total caloric intake and lessens weight gain.
However, researchers said that just because someone lowers fat intake doesn`t necessarily mean that it will help with losing the pounds.
Researchers said that a person may feel less full after drinking low-fat milk than if they`d had whole milk, making them more likely to consume additional calories.
The research was published on July 1 in JAMA Pediatrics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Jaitley to 'take India story forward' with Japanese investors
- Bleaching kills 35 percent of coral in Great Barrier Reef
- WATCH: Relive Virat Kohli's dream run at IPL 2016 - Here's what the run machine did!
- Ban on large diesel vehicles a transient phase, says Jaitley
- Malegaon blast case: Sadhvi Pragya files for bail after NIA files fresh chargesheet