Winter special: 5 fruits you must have to boost immunity
Winter is a time when those whacky cold winds can give you cold and flu and other seasonal health disorders. So one needs to have not just a healthy diet, but also consume fruits as they are packed with the necessary vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help fight infections and boost immunity to fight against diseases.
All those scrumptious cakes and candies might attract you, but that best-tasting foods just add to one’s calorie intake and don’t help otherwise.
So, here is a list of five super-foods one must indulge in this winter:
Oranges: They are packed with Vitamin C and just one orange can supply 116.2% of the daily value of Vitamin C which helps prevent colds and recurrent ear infections.
Kiwi: Kiwi is a rich source potassium and antioxidants and help boost immunity and keep blood pressure in check.
Tangerines: This sweet and sour fruit is advisable especially for heart patients as it helps fight against bad cholesterol and clean trans-fat.
Pomegranate: This is one fruit which is highly recommended for those who are anaemic as it helps stimulate blood production. Also, it is helps prevent ageing of skin.
Cranberries: It is a rich source of antioxidants, Vitamin C and necessary fibre which helps boost immunity during winters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?