Winter special: 5 fruits you must have to boost immunity
Winter is a time when those whacky cold winds can give you cold and flu and other seasonal health disorders. So one needs to have not just a healthy diet, but also consume fruits as they are packed with the necessary vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that help fight infections and boost immunity to fight against diseases.
All those scrumptious cakes and candies might attract you, but that best-tasting foods just add to one’s calorie intake and don’t help otherwise.
So, here is a list of five super-foods one must indulge in this winter:
Oranges: They are packed with Vitamin C and just one orange can supply 116.2% of the daily value of Vitamin C which helps prevent colds and recurrent ear infections.
Kiwi: Kiwi is a rich source potassium and antioxidants and help boost immunity and keep blood pressure in check.
Tangerines: This sweet and sour fruit is advisable especially for heart patients as it helps fight against bad cholesterol and clean trans-fat.
Pomegranate: This is one fruit which is highly recommended for those who are anaemic as it helps stimulate blood production. Also, it is helps prevent ageing of skin.
Cranberries: It is a rich source of antioxidants, Vitamin C and necessary fibre which helps boost immunity during winters.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata