World Obesity Day: Ditch five food habits to keep obesity away
New Delhi: Trying to slash the extra fat? Say no to unhealthy foods itmes such as red meat, fast food and more, says an expert.
Ashish Krishna, minimally invasive and obesity surgeon at Sunrise Hospital, shares a list of foods that you need to cut down on:
- Fast foods: Burgers, pizzas, carbonated beverages, noodles and many more are junk foods low in nutritional values and high in sodium, sugar and preservatives. They disturb your body's metabolism, digestion, liver and heart functions.
- Sugary foods: Young people especially children have a weakness for sugary soft drinks, chocolates, ice creams and other items that have absolute high calorie content. They contribute drastically in embracing diabetes and blocking arteries.
- Red meat: If you can't live without non-vegetarian food and it is hard to resist yourself to change your main course, then shift from red meat to white in order to control cholesterol level.
- Refined grains: Our body requires a substantial amount of fiber which one can derive from grains’ covering or husk. Consuming refined grains especially white rice and wheat flour increases obesity and health problems.
- Oil and ghee: Harmful effects of unsaturated fats are obvious for those who are already overweight or one who gives little or no time for physical activities due to busy work schedule and other problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof