World Obesity Day: Ditch five food habits to keep obesity away
New Delhi: Trying to slash the extra fat? Say no to unhealthy foods itmes such as red meat, fast food and more, says an expert.
Ashish Krishna, minimally invasive and obesity surgeon at Sunrise Hospital, shares a list of foods that you need to cut down on:
- Fast foods: Burgers, pizzas, carbonated beverages, noodles and many more are junk foods low in nutritional values and high in sodium, sugar and preservatives. They disturb your body's metabolism, digestion, liver and heart functions.
- Sugary foods: Young people especially children have a weakness for sugary soft drinks, chocolates, ice creams and other items that have absolute high calorie content. They contribute drastically in embracing diabetes and blocking arteries.
- Red meat: If you can't live without non-vegetarian food and it is hard to resist yourself to change your main course, then shift from red meat to white in order to control cholesterol level.
- Refined grains: Our body requires a substantial amount of fiber which one can derive from grains’ covering or husk. Consuming refined grains especially white rice and wheat flour increases obesity and health problems.
- Oil and ghee: Harmful effects of unsaturated fats are obvious for those who are already overweight or one who gives little or no time for physical activities due to busy work schedule and other problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus