Yogurt: The top health food
Yogurt is one of the most accessible foods and a wonderful source of essential nutrients coupled with a nice taste and easy on your stomach. Switch to a bowl of this dairy wonder daily and see the difference. Here’s how:
Storehouse of calcium: In case you hate drinking milk,are an lactose intolerant and wondering from where to get your daily dose of calcium, yogurt is the answer. Calcium is one of the nutrients found in yogurt which plays a very important role in the development and strengthening of bones and teeth.
Rich source of nutrients:Yogurt is abundant in protein and its daily consumption is vital to our health as this nutrient is essential for building and repairing body tissue. Also potassium is another mineral found in yogurt which aids in balancing of sodium levels in the blood thus assisting in the lowering of blood pressure.Vitamin B2 and B12 found in yogurt also assist in metabolism and good for your hair,nails and skin.
Lowers cholesterol: Yogurt can reduce the blood cholesterol because yogurt binds bile acids and assimilates the cholesterol.
Enhances the body’s immune system: The bacterial cultures in yogurt have been actively shown to stimulate infection-fighting white cells in the bloodstream. Yogurt boosts the immune system, reduces the allergy symptoms and lowers the incidence of upper respiratory infections.
Takes care of your tummy troubles: Yogurt with active cultures soothes the stomach and may help in overcoming various gastrointestinal conditions conditions like Lactose intolerance, Constipation, Diarrhea, Colon cancer and inflammatory bowel diseases. The probiotics in yogurt balance the microflora in your gut which aids digestion.
Works wonders for your skin: Why to waste money on expensive beauty products when you have one right in your kitchen. Yogurt is excellent for your skin as it smooths and nourishes your skin. It gently exfoliates the top layers of the epidermis, which can remove blemishes and discolorations, and may even reduce fine wrinkles.
Compiled by: Ritu Singh
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015