Tips For Healthy Pregnancy
One must take good care of themselves to remain and feel healthy before, during and post pregnancy. You can feel blissful during your pregnancy if you take good care of yourself. You may follow these steps for healthy pregnancy:
• Include a healthy variety of foods.
• Eat five or six well-balanced meals each day.
• Drink plenty of fluids, at least eight to ten glasses a day, avoid caffeine.
• Exercise--it`s important for your general health, and also to reduce stress. Take a pregnancy exercise class or walk at least 15 to 20 minutes every day at a moderate pace.
• Use non-medicinal remedies for problems like nausea, heartburn, and constipation.
• Don`t take over-the-counter medications or herbal remedies without consulting your obstetrician midwife.
• Take a prenatal vitamin each day as directed by your obstetrician.
• Don`t drink alcohol and don`t smoke or allow yourself to be exposed to passive smoking.
• Get adequate sleep--at least eight hours a night.
• Wear comfortable, non-restricting shoes to prevent fatigue and swelling of the feet, legs, and ankles.
• Wear a safety belt while riding in motor vehicles.
First Published: Sunday, August 19, 2012, 20:51
Post your Comments
Most liked Comments