London: Despite a recent move to classify mobile phones as possibly carcinogenic, the scientific evidence increasingly points away from a link between their use and brain tumors, according to a new study on Saturday.A major review of previously published research by a committee of experts from Britain, the United States and Sweden concluded there was no convincing evidence of any cancer connection.It also found a lack of established biological mechanisms by which radio signals from mobile phones might trigger tumors."Although there remains some uncertainty, the trend in the accumulating evidence is increasingly against the hypothesis that mobile phone use can cause brain tumors in adults," the experts wrote in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives.The latest paper comes just two months after the World Health Organisation`s (WHO) International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) decided cellphone use should be classified as "possibly carcinogenic to humans."Anthony Swerdlow of Britain`s Institute of Cancer Research, who led the new review, said the two positions were not necessarily contradictory, since the IARC needed to put mobile phones into a pre-defined risk category."We are trying to say in plain English what we believe the relationship is. They (IARC) were trying to classify the risk according to a pre-set classification system," Swerdlow said.Other things deemed by the IARC to be possibly carcinogenic include items as diverse as lead, pickled vegetables and coffee.