Melbourne: Running with scissors is dangerous but speeding with a toothbrush could be more hazardous. Ask a teenage Kiwi girl who accidentally swallowed it. According to an Indian origin gastroenterologist Dinesh Lal a 15-year-old girl running up some steps with a 19-cm toothbrush in her mouth suddenly tripped and fell, pushingmost of the brush into her oesophagus. The doctor, who works at an Auckland hospital, said the girl had to be admitted to the emergency department for treatment. Elaborating the scenario, Dr Lal wrote "she immediately started choking and her younger brother came to help. "Part of the toothbrush was still in the mouth but with apparently a very strong gag reflex she swallowed this down before it could be pulled out," according to a case studypublished in the New Zealand Medical Journal. The girl told doctors she felt fine, but could feel the toothbrush "churning around in her stomach".
So, in summary "walking or running around with a toothbrush in the mouth is potentially dangerous," Dr Lal wrote. PTI
Union Budget to be presented in Parliament today
What common people want from Modi govt budget
The history of Indian Budget
Marrow Donor Registry of India launches Gujarat chapter