10 steps to a perfect do-it-yourself pedicure
Philaso G kaping
Our feet are often the most neglected parts of the body when it comes to our beauty regime. A pedicure would not only improve the appearance of your feet and toenails it can help prevent nail diseases and disorders. You can get a pedicure at a beauty salon or simply learn the right steps to take care of your feet at home.
Remove any existing nail polish with a mild remover.
Put some bubble bath or Epsom salts in a tub filled with warm water and soak your feet for 10 to 15 minutes. You can also put marbles or smooth pebbles in the tub and run your feet over them for relaxation.
Use a foot brush or a scrubber to remove the dirt lodged in between the ridges of your heels or the stains on your nails.
Use a pumice stone or callus file and scrub the heels and bottoms of your feet to do away with dead skin cells.
Massage and exfoliate with a foot scrub and wrap your feet in hot hand towels to seal in the moisture.
Dry you feet with a towel and cut your nails.
File your nails gently and push back the cuticles with orange sticks. You could also use a mild nail buffer to polish the surface of your toenails.
Wash your feet and dry them.
Massage each foot with a moisturising lotion for 5 minutes.
When your feet are dry, remove any oil residue on your toe nails with remover and apply a base coat.
You’ll need: A tub or foot bath, nail polish remover, bubble bath, Epsom salts and/or scented oil, cuticle oil, exfoliating foot scrub, towels, pumice stone, callus file, nail clipper, nail file, nail buffer, moisturizing lotion, base coat and/or nail polish.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17