5 easy tips to treat swollen feet
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Swelling in the feet is basically termed as edema. It happens when the body finds it difficult to fight gravity to move blood and fluids back up the legs, thereby leading to swelling in the legs, ankle and feet.
Now, the reason for swelling in your feet can be due to several reasons like pregnancy, high blood pressure etc.
Here are a few home remedies to cure swollen feet:
- Add in little quantity either eucalyptus or peppermint oil in a bucket of water. Soak your feet in it. It will give a lot of relief.
- A good foot massage too works wonders as it eases the clogged blood and reduces swelling.
- One can also try soaking his/her legs in salt water, It too eases swelling.
- Try elevating your feet on a pillow while you lie down. Also, at work one can support his/her feet on a small footrest under their desk.
- Drink a lot of water as excess salt is a big contributor to swelling. Try drinking at least 7-8 glasses of water daily.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing