7 easy ways to keep headache at bay without taking a pill!
Each one of us experiences headaches, be it a mild irritation or skull-crushing distractions. And to get rid of headaches is something that everyone wants. They can be treated in different ways depending on the kind of pains you have. However, you can still cure headaches naturally by different methods, without having to pop a pill.
Take lots of water: Drinking plenty of plain and crystal pure water can give you a big relief since dehydration can lead to headache. You should avoid sugar-loaded drinks like alcohol, coffee as that can dehydrate you.
Drink herbal tea: Teas like peppermint and chamomile work wonders in relieving one of a headache. Make sure that you drink a cup of herbal tea for soothing your headache.
Try Exercise: Since physical exercises such as jogging, brisk walk, swimming, etc. boost your blood circulation, it will help you in overcoming a headache and fatigue in addition to allowing your whole body to relax. So you should try to incorporate exercise in your daily routine.
Try using a cool compress: You can wet a soft washcloth with cool water and lay it over your forehead as it might ease some of the pain. Refresh it with cool water again when it starts to feel uncomfortably warm.
Laugh your heart out: Since most headaches result from stress, laughing therapy is an effective tool in calming the same. Hence, watching a comedy or reading a comic book can be a real relief.
Get enough sleep: Most of us do not care about our sleeping schedule or do not get adequate sleep. It is actually bad for our health. In fact, lack of sleep may be the cause of headaches in some people. Hence, people who often suffer from headaches are advised to get sufficient sleep daily. Also, maintaining a good sleep routine can help in reducing stress.
Try light massage: You can give yourself a light massage on the head, neck and ear lobes as it can disseminate the pain. Also, gently press your fingers over your temple, eyebrows and move them in slow circles for a quick feel-better. Light massage also helps in improving blood circulation and relieving tension.
Apart from the above methods, try consuming foods that are high in magnesium and calcium as these two minerals are believed to be helpful in reducing the symptoms of tension and other stress-linked headaches. Foods like broccoli, beans, soy milk, nuts, spinach, etc. are rich in magnesium.
Compiled by: Salome Phelamei
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know