New Year's eve is the time you bid goodbye to the old year and welcome a new year. It is a night for celebration and fun but before you hit the party scene, keep these few pointers in mind because a simple oversight can ruin your night or your life.
Make sure you eat something before you hit the town because drinking on an empty stomach means that alcohol is absorbed faster into your bloodstream and in greater concentration leading to lead to quicker intoxication.
Eat while you are drinking, especially foods with high protein content, as this will help slow the rate of alcohol absorption.
It is important to know your limit and drink only if you want to. Be firm in your refusal when someone tries to force you to drink.
4. Alternate alcoholic drinks with non-alcoholic to maintain optimum blood alcohol concentration in your circulatory system.
5. If you cannot handle hard drinks then don't go for it. Ask for low-alcohol cocktails or simply go for non-alcoholic drinks. You can still enjoy the party without getting drunk.
6. Never leave your drink unattended as someone can add drugs into it.
7. Don't drink and drive. Appoint a designated driver, someone who won't be drinking, in your group, if you all will be drinking hire a taxi or call a sober friend or family member to pick you up.
8. The adage of doing unto others as you would have them do unto you applies even when you are partying. Party responsibly, and remember that you are not the only one who wants to have fun.