94% of Indian dermatologists recommend sunscreen to prevent skin problems: Study
Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
New Delhi: Skin problems are one of the most common issues that many people face during the hot summer season. But, the good thing is that most of these problems can be dealt with a good sunscreen and a good cleansing routine.
According to a press release by L’Oréal India, based on their study, 94% of Indian dermatologists recommend use of sunscreen as the first line of defense against skin problems.
To better understand Indian skin concerns and the importance of sun protection, the survey was conducted amongst 900 leading Indian dermatologists.
The survey concluded that 94% of them recommend regular use of sun protection as an essential skin care regime to protect against skin ageing and pigmentation.
While sunscreens were the most popular skin care product recommended by dermatologists, 72% of them recommended broad spectrum sun protection against both UVA - Ultraviolet A (long-wave) and UVB -UltravioletB (shortwave) rays.
The study also found that 91% of skin experts felt Sun Protection helped in preventing skin aging. 75% of dermatologists recommended SPF 30+ to their patients and 72% of them also suggested application of sunscreen 2-3 times a day.
According to Francois Pradier, Director, Research and Innovation, L’Oreal India, “L’Oréal has been involved in photo protection research for over thirty years. Our study, 'New insights into skin pigmentation - an Indian perspective' reflects this focus. Acute as well as chronic sun exposure can induce clinical and biological damage to the skin such as photo ageing, pigmentation, sunburn etc. Sunscreens with well-balanced UVA/UVB protection provide the best protection against skin damage.”
This summer, pledge to reduce your risk for premature aging and skin pigmentation by wearing a UVA/UVB Broad Spectrum protection sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 each day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days