A guide to healthy skin during monsoon
New Delhi: Come rain or sunshine, keep your skin flawless by figuring out what your skin needs and following your skin care regime religiously. From easily available over-the-counter products to kitchen beauty secrets, use them as per the demands of your skin.
Many people feel that using a moisturiser can make your skin look oily and that is the last thing you want when there is moisture-laden air. Skin care experts call it a must-have irrespective of your skin type.
IANS spoke to experts like Hong Kong-based skin care expert Ceri Silk and Indian Beauty expert Blossom Kochhar and they have come up with the following tips:
Oily skin: Ceri Silk suggests that people with oily skin should use water-based moisturisers after deep-cleansing the face.
Dry skin: Uma Singh, medical director, Ozone Group of Companies, not only supports use of moisturiser, but also application of a cream-based cleanser to keep the skin hydrated.
Singh gives the thumbs up to light moisturiser. She also advises the use of finger tips to apply and not to use it profusely. Excessive use of it will only work against the skin as the moisturiser will just sit heavily on the face and prevent the skin from breathing.
Capital-based dermatologist Indu Tolani recommends sunscreen lotion to people who have field work and are exposed to the sun for long hours. They should carry sunscreen with them and apply it every two hours.
Blossom Kochhar too emphasises on the Sun Protection Factor (SPF). Those just commuting between home and office should use sunscreen with SPF 15. The SPF level should be 30 for those who stay out longer in the sun. She also said that the sunscreen should have UVA and UVB protection.
Kochhar also shares quick tips on how to use vegetables, fruits and other natural ingredients to protect the skin from the weather`s harshness.
- Take a tomato and crush it. Then take Multani mitti and mix them. Apply the mixture on the face and leave it on for 15 minutes, then rinse it off. It is good for specially those who have open pores.
- If you have a dry skin, paste made of honey and banana will be good. However, people with oily skin should use only honey.
- Watermelon is very good. If you mix it with milk powder and put in on the skin, it will help to calm and cool the skin.
Treatment and precaution for skin infection:
As skin infections are on the rise during monsoon, Singh advises consulting a specialist in addition to two simple solutions:
- Use an anti-fungal powder on all body folds to avoid any fungal infection.
- Keep your skin dry. Don`t wear wet clothes and sit for long. Wet shoes should also be changed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- DNA: Govt claims no power shortage, but India looms in darkness
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Heatwave toll rises to 1,826, over 1,300 dead in Andhra Pradesh
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination