Zee Media Bureau
Dealing with skin disorders like eczema and psoriasis can be tough considering the unbearable discomfort that an individual has to go through.
Eczema, also known as dermatitis, is a medical condition in which the skin becomes inflamed or irritated. Symptoms range from skin rashes to bumpy rashes or skin swelling, redness, blisters, dark colored patches of skin, dry and sensitive skin, itching, oozing.
While there is no known cure for eczema, there are treatments aiming to control symptoms.
Below are a few natural remedies that are thought to be effective in managing this medical condition:
- Apply coconut oil onto the affected areas and let it dry. Make sure that your hands are clean and rinsed with water. You can use this home remedy throughout the day as required.
- Apply a thin layer of honey on the affected areas. You can leave it on for 20-30 minutes then rinse off with cool water. Reapply whenever you feel like it.
- Another home remedy for eczema is cornstarch and oil. You can mix cornstarch with oil to make a paste. Apply this to over affected areas and let it stay for 20 minutes. Rinse it off with warm water. Using a clean towel, pat them dry. Repeat as required.
- Aloe vera gel is another useful remedy for eczema. It is even effective when mixed with vitamin E oil.
- Take 2-3 organic carrots and peel them using a peeler. Boil them till they are soft to make a paste. Apply this paste to affected areas and leave it on for 15 minutes. Rinse with cool water.
- Mix turmeric powder with water to cleanse the affected areas. Curcumin, the active ingredient found in turmeric contains anti-inflammatory and bactericidal properties.
- One thing that individuals with eczema need to keep in their mind is keeping their baths and showers under 10 minutes. Because excessive bathing removes the oils that keep the skin moist.