Best tips to overcome anxiety disorders naturally!
Most of us experience the feelings of anxiety and nervousness prior to an important occasion- it could be exams, interviews, meetings, first date, etc, which is quite normal. But, anxiety disorders are serious mental illnesses that fill people’s lives with overwhelming worry and fear that are chronic. In the long run, it can cause such misery that it interferes with a person’s ability to lead a normal life.
Several types of anxiety disorders are there-- panic attacks, social anxiety disorders, obsessive compulsive disorders, post-traumatic stress disorders, generalized anxiety disorders, and phobias.
First of all one needs to identify what type of anxiety he/she is suffering from in order to get rid of it. While a combination of therapy, medicines and self-care can heal all of these disorders, here are some of the tips to help you in dealing with problems naturally:
Meditation: Using the right form of meditation can be useful for many people. Since lots of people dealing with anxiety problems are always in a dream-like state, the connective properties between mind and body that are used in meditation can do wonders.
Exercise: Daily exercise can drastically reduce your anxiety. Studies have shown that there is an incredibly strong link between anxiety and exercise.
Yoga/deep breathing: People who practice yoga regularly can keep themselves calmer and are often at peace. Deep breathing, which is very useful in dealing with panic attacks, is frequently taught in yoga. Doing yoga every day can help you relax from anxiety disorder besides toning your body.
Caffeine elimination: Anxiety may be reduced for some people by eliminating caffeine consumption.
Healthy diets: Eating a healthy diet is the key in combating anxiety disorders. Taking lots of fruits and vegetables and a diet rich in vitamins B, C, D and E as well as zinc, calcium and magnesium will be of great help in combating this disorder.
Compiled by: Salome Phelamei
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?