Combat stress with proper diet, water intake
London: Nail biting, excessive smoking, obesity and overeating are some of the symptoms of stress, which can be overcome with a balanced diet and by drinking enough water in a day.
With high pressure schedules and long working hours, stress is becoming inevitable. It is important to beat it the right way.
"Eat regularly throughout the day in order to maintain healthy blood sugar levels, choose wholegrain foods such as brown rice and wholemeal bread and avoid sugary snacks and drinks," femalefirst.co.uk. quoted Robert Hobson, head of nutrition of British health brand Healthspan, as saying.
You can also manage stress by limiting caffeine and alcohol intake.
There are natural ways to beat stress as well.
"There are a number of herbs that calm such as Rhodiola which is a registered herbal medicine that could help to reduce symptoms of stress and anxiety as well as helping to combat fatigue and improve mental alertness," Sarah Brewer, author of the book "Cut Your Stress in 12 weeks", said.
Other ways of releasing stress include exercising and getting enough sleep.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Rio Olympics: Shooter Vijay Singh expecting at least 4 medals from shooting squad
- One shot dead in Pakistan over alleged desecration of Quran
- Govt fixes December 31 deadline for retro tax settlement scheme
- United Nation's Global Citizen Festival: Priyanka Chopra talks about humanity and youth- READ
- PM Modi can get me killed; 'daman chakra' unleashed against AAP: Kejriwal