Did you say Fat? Five quick tips to transform your look!
Zee Media Bureau/R. Nandini
Being fat doesn't mean you can't look fabulous. Beauty is all in the mind with different people having different perceptions. Blame it all on the beauty magazines, TV advertisements or the fashion industry at large if you get those unwanted stares. You are beautiful if you think you are!
Still if you want to merge in, then there's always a way.
Clothes and Fittings: Avoid tight clothes. One must understand that what looks good on someone might not compliment you in the same way. So, go with your figure's demand. Be a little careful while including leggings to your wardrobe. Especially if you have larger hips, thighs, or bottom, as it can look really awful.
Stripes can do the trick: Stripes can give one the illusion of height or a fuller body. It all depends on how you use it. Avoid horizontal stripes in the areas you want to hide. A vertical striped dress would help you look tall.
Colors and shades matter: Many are still confused with what the colours black and white can do to their entire look. People say if black defines one's figure then how can one look thinner in it?
Answer lies in the question itself, black defines the figure creating an illusion of a well defined physique in comparison to the space around, thus it makes you look thinner.
White, on the other hand, creates an illusion of width as it tries to blur the defining lines of your figure. So, if you want to hide your thighs, wear dark coloured bottoms.
Accessorise it right: The main aim of an accessory is to draw attention to a specific area.
Avoid accessories in the areas you want to hide. If you have a huge rear then it's better to avoid any sort of embellishment like studs on the back pockets of your jeans.
Enhance your best features with them. If you have a nice bust line then why hide it? Just flaunt it with a beautiful neck piece or a V- neck top with studs or embroidery around the neck.
The golden rule: Feel beautiful from within. A confident woman can look 10 times more beautiful than the one dressed up as a mannequin on the streets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video