Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
It is a common perception that changing and trying out new shampoo and conditioners can stop that itchy feeling in your scalp.
Itchy scalp is one of the common conditions that we face. It is a sign of poor hygiene or skin problems. When one itches their scalp in public the flakes that fall off as drandruff or even lice could get transmitted.
Here are some simple and effective home remedies for itchy scalp:
Use A Mask
Hair mask is known to help reduce flakes, dandruffs and other inflammations. One can create a hair mask with the following:
- Take a ripe banana and mash on it with honey
- Mix onion juice in it
- Of the mixture make a paste
- Apply and leave on scalp for twenty minutes
- Rinse off or shampoo your hair
You could also make a mask with honey, as it is known for its richness and role as a natural moisturizer.
Apply Hot Oil
A good remedy for hair as well as dry scalp is hot oil as it retains moisture and reduces the dryness felt on the scalp.
- Take some olive oil
- Warm it for sometime
- Add drops of honey in it
- Apply it on your hair
- Then massage it for a few minutes
- Shampoo the hair after some time.
Apply fresh lemon juice
Lemon is known to be a useful ingredient and is good for healing an itchy scalp.
- Fresh juice of lemon needs to be poured on the scalp
- Keep it for few minutes.
- As it has a drying effect on the scalp, shampoo it off after sometime.
Use Of Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is known for its beneficial qualities both for the skin as well as for the scalp.
- Apply aloe vera gel on the scalp.
- Shampoo it off after sometime.