Easy ways to prevent common eye problems
Zee Media Bureau
The organs of vision i.e. eyes, are the most complex parts in human body that react to light for several purposes. There are several factors that cause temporary and permanent damage to the eyes. Here are some easy ways to prevent common eye problems
-Limit exposure to ultra violet rays. Wear shades, hats if working outdoors to protect against harmful UV light which can cause muscular degeneration and cataracts.
-Prevent eyestrain- Take breaks in between if you are working in front of computer all day at work as eye strain can cause dry eyes leading to dizziness.
-Eat good nutritious food that is good for the eyes. Studies show vitamins and antioxidant group can prevent, or at least slow the pace of degeneration and cataracts.
-Go for eye check-up if there`s any vision problem. Wear proper contact lenses or spectacles as per the need to avoid risk of further eye damage.
-While reading, use the right light as dimmed light can cause eye fatigue.
-If you are living a very stressful life, take time out from your work schedule; soak in the bath, yoga or massage. If you are always tired, try to get more sleep.
-For diabetic patients, controlling the blood and sugar levels can prevent the blur vision. A blurred vision person should take healthy diet rich in Vitamin A which is considered best for the eyes. For hypertensive patients, the blood pressure should be maintained under normal level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy