Eat right during menopause
New Delhi: A natural drop in estrogen levels called menopause is time in a woman`s life when her menstruation eventually stops and the body goes through changes that no longer allow her to get pregnant.
Menopause is combined with stress and lack of sleep, can take a physical and emotional toll on a woman entering menopause, leading to weight gain. It is a natural event that normally occurs in women age 45 - 55.
According to specialists, weight gain and menopause don`t have to go hand in hand. Check out the health tips to eat healthy during menopause:
• Get plenty of regular exercise, including both aerobic and strengthening exercises.
• Limit caffeine and spicy foods to help control hot flashes, and drink plenty of water.
• Load up on fruits, whole grains, omega-3-rich foods such as salmon, soy, calcium-rich foods such as yogurt, and dark, leafy green veggies.
• Limit salt consumption, and don`t have more than one alcoholic drink per day.
• Get plenty of calcium and vitamin D in food or supplements
• Practice slow, deep breathing whenever a hot flash starts to come on. Try taking six breaths a minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing