Eat right during menopause
New Delhi: A natural drop in estrogen levels called menopause is time in a woman`s life when her menstruation eventually stops and the body goes through changes that no longer allow her to get pregnant.
Menopause is combined with stress and lack of sleep, can take a physical and emotional toll on a woman entering menopause, leading to weight gain. It is a natural event that normally occurs in women age 45 - 55.
According to specialists, weight gain and menopause don`t have to go hand in hand. Check out the health tips to eat healthy during menopause:
• Get plenty of regular exercise, including both aerobic and strengthening exercises.
• Limit caffeine and spicy foods to help control hot flashes, and drink plenty of water.
• Load up on fruits, whole grains, omega-3-rich foods such as salmon, soy, calcium-rich foods such as yogurt, and dark, leafy green veggies.
• Limit salt consumption, and don`t have more than one alcoholic drink per day.
• Get plenty of calcium and vitamin D in food or supplements
• Practice slow, deep breathing whenever a hot flash starts to come on. Try taking six breaths a minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown