Eat right during menopause
New Delhi: A natural drop in estrogen levels called menopause is time in a woman`s life when her menstruation eventually stops and the body goes through changes that no longer allow her to get pregnant.
Menopause is combined with stress and lack of sleep, can take a physical and emotional toll on a woman entering menopause, leading to weight gain. It is a natural event that normally occurs in women age 45 - 55.
According to specialists, weight gain and menopause don`t have to go hand in hand. Check out the health tips to eat healthy during menopause:
• Get plenty of regular exercise, including both aerobic and strengthening exercises.
• Limit caffeine and spicy foods to help control hot flashes, and drink plenty of water.
• Load up on fruits, whole grains, omega-3-rich foods such as salmon, soy, calcium-rich foods such as yogurt, and dark, leafy green veggies.
• Limit salt consumption, and don`t have more than one alcoholic drink per day.
• Get plenty of calcium and vitamin D in food or supplements
• Practice slow, deep breathing whenever a hot flash starts to come on. Try taking six breaths a minute.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video