Facial oils can be good for skin
New York: Facial oil is often seen as the skin care product that can be skipped as many associate it with clogged pores and unnecessary shine. But it isn't always bad, says an expert.
Dendy Engelman, director of dermatologic surgery at Metropolitan Hospital in New York City, sums up the benefits, reports essence.com:
- Oils will not clog your pores or cause acne: Oil (or sebum) is naturally occurring in the skin. Acne is caused when hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells. But topical facial oils do not worsen the process. It can help balance and improve acne-prone skin.
- Oils have a high concentration of active ingredients: Oils like argan, grape seed and black currant are often found as active ingredients in moisturisers or serums. But in oil, you’ll find these ingredients in much higher concentration. In other words, they are a purer form of what you’re probably already applying to your skin.
- Oils will not make your skin feel greasy: Facial oils are lightweight and fast absorbing. All you need is one to two drops for your entire face.
- Oils protect your skin and make you look younger: Oils are rich in antioxidants Vitamin C and E which fight free radicals and help reverse sun damage. As we age, our body’s natural oil production decreases. This can make wrinkles appear deeper and more defined. But topical oils help replenish what we’ve lost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand