Young girls are often obsessed about being `perfect` and make all desperate attempts to grow into their own skin and feel beautiful. It is thus, very important for teenage girls to feel happy about their bodies and to have high self-esteem.
The age group 13 -19, is the most critical time for them to learn to eat right and treat their bodies with the respect. Teenagers can follow following tips to maintain their fitness.
• Instead of asking yourself, "Am I fat?" ask yourself, "Am I fit?"-- as in, "Am I healthy and in shape?" If not, that`s what you should be pushy for.
• Carbohydrates or carbs should not be avoided. They are necessary for your brain. Carbs are the exclusive fuel for your brain.
• Keep a tab on how much you eat. It is as important as what you eat.
• Never skip your breakfast. Eating breakfast increases metabolism for the day.
• Avoid fizzy drinks, they can cause cellulite and bloating. Avoid diet drinks also.
• Avoid artificial processed foods and sweeteners as they could make you crave for more sweets.
• It`s better to eat three average-sized meals and eat small size meals throughout the day after every 2 hours to keep your body running smoothly and to make sure you`re getting the right nutrients at the right time. Remember, your next meal is more important than your last one. Never eat big meals at the end of the day, and try to stop eating at 8:00 p.m.
• Exercise is extremely important to your diet and your health. Working out regularly will reduce body fat, increase your energy level, make your complexion glow, and release endorphins, which will give you a `natural high.`