Five easy foot care tips for monsoon season
Zee Media Bureau/Shruti Saxena
New Delhi: Monsoon season is here and it also brings the various skin and foot problems. As a matter of fact, most of us think that it is generally one's hair and skin that suffer the most and neglect our feet, which actually suffer due to constant dampness and humidity which may give rise to various fungal and bacterial infections.
A nice foot massage and exfoliation enhances lubrication and circulation, and helps draw toxins to the surface for release.
Here are five easy tips to indulge in to pamper your feet this monsoon season:
-Don't forget to wash your feet with clean water mixed with any antibacterial soaps like dettol or savlon after getting them wet in the rain.
-Get a pedicure from time to time as it removes the dead dry skin to reveal your sandal-ready feet.
-Avoid wearing plastic shoes, leather or canvas ones and istead wear slippers and flip-flops as they let your feet breathe.
-Try not to keep your nails long during the monsoon season as long nails attract muck and bacteria thereby leading to fungal infection in the feet.
-Exfoliate, scrub and moisturize your feet before going to bed to kill bacteria growth and keep fungal infections at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'