Five health benefits of aromatherapy
Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
Aromatherapy is a commonly known relaxation treatment that uses essential oils extracted from flowers, seeds, barks, herbs and roots. It helps in improving our health, mood and mind.
Here are some health benefits of aromatherapy:
Aromatherapy helps in treating insomnia which causes acute health problems and huge disruption in our life. The relaxing effect of essential oils, and even massages, can help you relieve stress and get to sleep.
Aromatherapy is populary known for reducing stress. Essential oils known as relaxants helps to soothe your mind and eliminate anxiety. The best essential oils for stress relief are lemon oil, lavender, bergamot, peppermint, vetiver and ylang ylang.
The citrus and vibrant aromas tend to reduce the effects of depression. A massage with essential oils will help you get out from depression.
One of the best benefits of aromatherapy is that it relieves pain. The clary sage, a great natural scent, is used for the reduction of pain. It is most commonly known for its success for relieving menstrual pains.
Improves blood pressure
Aromatherapy helps to lower blood pressure in patients with hypertension. It relaxes enough to get your blood pressure levels closer to a healthy range.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed