Five health benefits of aromatherapy
Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
Aromatherapy is a commonly known relaxation treatment that uses essential oils extracted from flowers, seeds, barks, herbs and roots. It helps in improving our health, mood and mind.
Here are some health benefits of aromatherapy:
Aromatherapy helps in treating insomnia which causes acute health problems and huge disruption in our life. The relaxing effect of essential oils, and even massages, can help you relieve stress and get to sleep.
Aromatherapy is populary known for reducing stress. Essential oils known as relaxants helps to soothe your mind and eliminate anxiety. The best essential oils for stress relief are lemon oil, lavender, bergamot, peppermint, vetiver and ylang ylang.
The citrus and vibrant aromas tend to reduce the effects of depression. A massage with essential oils will help you get out from depression.
One of the best benefits of aromatherapy is that it relieves pain. The clary sage, a great natural scent, is used for the reduction of pain. It is most commonly known for its success for relieving menstrual pains.
Improves blood pressure
Aromatherapy helps to lower blood pressure in patients with hypertension. It relaxes enough to get your blood pressure levels closer to a healthy range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25