Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Kissing plays an important role in relationships as it helps to improve your bond with your partner. Whether it's your first kiss or your thousandth, kissing isn't only fun to do, but surprisingly, is also very beneficial to your health.
Know the science behind the kiss and the health benefits of doing it:
- Kissing helps lower your blood pressure
- Releases happy hormones such as serotonin, dopamine, and oxytocin, thus making you happier while reducing stress.
- Kissing can curb headache or cramps – the blood dilation brought on by lip locking can help ease your pain.
- Kissing fights cavities – because when you kiss, you secrete more saliva, which washes out your mouth and removes cavity causing food particles.
- Kissing also burns calories – it is said that a vigorous kiss may burn 8-16 calories.